cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMX BLE API not returning all clients shown on dashboard?

jkeggi
Level 1
Level 1

I am using an MR52 and the CMX BLE API to develop a tracking application. I have a receiver collecting and storing the JSON POSTs however I've noticed that not all the clients that are shown in Dashboard>Wireless>Bluetooth Clients are in the data being sent to the receiver, specifically it seems that some clients have all their data sent and others are never sent.

Is there any filtering or other distinction that would exclude some clients from being reported on the API but shown them in the dashboard?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

colo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Graham,

The bluetooth devices must support the BLE standard in order to be detected/located by the Meraki API. Devices that have their own custom changes to the BLE standard may not be compatible, but the large majority of devices are trackable.

If you find a device type that we should be tracking, please report it to support@meraki.com  and I'll make sure we investigate the issue.

I'll follow up with you via email!

Cheers,

Colin Lowenberg

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

colo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Graham,

The bluetooth devices must support the BLE standard in order to be detected/located by the Meraki API. Devices that have their own custom changes to the BLE standard may not be compatible, but the large majority of devices are trackable.

If you find a device type that we should be tracking, please report it to support@meraki.com  and I'll make sure we investigate the issue.

I'll follow up with you via email!

Cheers,

Colin Lowenberg