Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

CMX framework/jar is unable to fetch the location from MSE with Android 6.0 and iOS 9.0.x

Hi,

We have developed few applications using CISCO CMX-Connect & Engage, so far it was working fine after updating the OS's to Android v6.0 or iOS 9.0.x it is unable to fetch the current location(x,y). It is always showing as (0,0).

Do we have support for these OS's from CISCO?

Thanks in advance,

Santosh Kumar

8 REPLIES 8
Frequent Contributor

Re: CMX framework/jar is unable to fetch the location from MSE with Android 6.0 and iOS 9.0.x

Hi Santosh Kumar,

I haven't seen any bug reports regarding MSE-CMX connect with the latest mobile device OS's.  Let me check with the CMX engineering folks and see what they say.  I will attempt to reproduce the issue with the latest OS's.

Thanks for the info,

Matt

Re: CMX framework/jar is unable to fetch the location from MSE with Android 6.0 and iOS 9.0.x

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your response.

It’s my mistake, It is working fine with iOS 9.0.x and later.

Unable to get the location poll details in Android 6.0 alone.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh Kumar Palle.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the update.  I'll inquire on Android 6.0 and SDK compatibility and testing.  Regards, Matt

Frequent Contributor

Hi, We should review changes to location services permissions in Android 6.0.  Android 6.0 Marshmallow requires user permissions to be granted at runtime.  Matt

Frequent Contributor

If the application's targetSdkVersion is set to 23, step down the targetSdkVersion to 22 and test.

Hi Matthew,

We were using the targetSdkVersion as 22 only (We are facing the issue with v22 itself).

I will update you the status by changing it to 23.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh Kumar Palle.

Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Here are a few discussion threads I've been looking at for possible reason for no location update on Android device.

CMX Mobile Application Server: No wireless Client Location 

CMX can't get location (1.1.0.17)

Hope you are getting results you expect.  Let us know.

Matt

Frequent Contributor

Hi,

The Cisco CMX 8 SDK has been retired (available from Archive folder on Cisco DevNet: CMX Mobility Services).

Please, check out Cisco WiFi Engage and Cisco EMSP for the latest CMX 10 mobile app development platform and SDK. 

The Enterprise Mobility Services Platform (EMSP) will be support on DevNet Mobility Services site, soon.

Thank you,

Matt

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
July's Community Spotlight Awards
This widget could not be displayed.