Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

CMX Mobile Application Server: No wireless Client Location

Hello,

I followed all the steps for configuring CMX Mobile Application Server, I associated it with MSE but when I run:

/opt/cmx-mobile-app-server/bin/getLocationByMac.sh (mac-address)

I get all the information, except for location.

Screenshot from 2014-09-25 17:53:55.png

What could be the error? I checked in the logs, but I didn't find something useful!

Thanks

Everyone's tags (7)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Beginner

Re: CMX Mobile Application Server: No wireless Client Location

I checked in /opt/cmx-mobile-app-server/logs/cmx-mobile-app-server.log and I found

2014-09-25 16:14:03,297 99930238 [http-nio-8082-exec-3] ERROR com.cisco.cmxmobile.services.mse.LocationNotificationHandler - Unauthorized Event  MSEUDI AIR-MSE-VA-K9:V01:mse.scientificnet.org_512d3ca0-926a0-926e-11e3-9eae-005056990fc5 and Floor 723391050923638838.

Is it related?

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi Edona,

The CMX mobile application server receives location updates, setup, and configuration information from the Connect and Engage system. It serves the requests from Software Development Kit (SDK) clients for location information, point of interests, zones, and floors. So as per the error found a bug CSCup03263 where the issue could be Android notification not updating unless app is stopped.

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

When a device is seen but does not have a location this indicates the device has joined the Wi-Fi network but a location update was not sent or persisted for the device. One cause is the device is not using the CMX Mobile SDK or the CMX Mobile SDK for the device has not registered with the Mobile Application Server. Not until the device has registered with the Mobile Application Server will a device location be tracked. This filters out devices to those using the CMX Mobile SDK for tracking. Other devices will not be tracked to reduce load. This is one cause for the missing location updates.

The unauthorized message seen could be another cause. The message could be the result of the MSE and CMX Connect and Engage not in sync with the maps being used. In CMX Connect and Engage is an option to sync and update the maps from PI. Clicking this will sync the maps again.

CreatePlease to create content
This widget could not be displayed.