Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

CMX Mobile SDK- Draw a path(Direction)

Hi,

I am an android Application Developer. I am using Cisco mobility Service API. I want to draw a sortest path from my position to any desire position on a floor map. Does MSE Apis provide any Direction API? Or Does CMX SDK provides any interface to draw path on map?

If somebody have worked in this way then please share a sample Application.

Thanks in Advance.

Everyone's tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: CMX Mobile SDK- Draw a path(Direction)

Hello Chetan,

Currently we don't have any REST API which gives a shortest path between two points. APIs can provide realtime and historical location/co-ordinates of a device. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Prasad.

Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks Prasad for the reply.

Is there any other way to draw shortest path on the map?

I found obstacle information in MSE Map API's result. But the array of obstacle was empty. May be that could help.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Hi Chetan,

May be you can use some of the graph algorithms to calculate shortest paths.

The obstacles info will help you to build your grapth. If the obstacle array is empty then probably there aren't any obstacles.

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi Chetan

Yes, CMX SDK provides APIs to draw shortest routes between your current position to any point of interest. MSE REST based APIs do not support shortest routes yet.

For setting up the routes , you need to use CMX Connect and Engage component in MSE. Configuration of the routes in Connect and Engage is available on this document (Go To Floor Navigation) : Cisco CMX Connect and Engage Configuration Guide for Mobile SDK, Release 8.0 - Chapter 3, CMX Mobile Application SDK [Ci…

Basically the idea is that on the floor map you draw the routes avoiding obstacles that a person can walk on Connect and Engage on the MSE. The Mobile App Server sucks in that information. When you make a route request to a Point of Interest, Mobile App Server computes the shortest route and gives it back to the CMX SDK.

An example request is shown in the iOS application CMX Sample Map : https://developer.cisco.com/site/cmx-mobility-services/downloads/

The shortest route feature is available both on iOS and Android.

Abhishek

CreatePlease to create content