Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

CMX Mobile SDK Push Notification Problem

Hello,

We have been trying to implement push notification on Sample UI application shown at this link: https://developer.cisco.com/site/cmx-mobility-services/tools/tutorials/android-mobile-app/#step-3-force-move-your-simulated-client

We are currently able to observe client on the map and other than push notification everything seems to be working properly.

Whenever we try to send push notification from the server (https://64.103.26.61:8081/demo/start) nothing happens. we are using MainActivity (https://developer.cisco.com/fileMedia/download/d2f56d3c-3b19-4b5b-83f8-2988162a6e19) sample code.

What should we do to send push notification with this sample code? Should we add additional Notification API and code or are there any other problem?

Any help regarding this issue will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Everyone's tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast

Re: CMX Mobile SDK Push Notification Problem

Hello Dogansel,

These are the steps I have taken...

Also if you keep an eye on the CMX Mobile App Server log running in your console you will see the following show up ..

2015-02-16T23:38:41.427Z - info: Push notification message: { message: 'OK', ssid: '123', ssidPassword: '123' }

2015-02-16T23:38:41.427Z - info: Push notification message to be sent: OK with preferredNetwork: [ { ssid: '123', password: '123' } ] to registration ID: APA91bEpOajJrVDbyqMyvldwElGoDbGWUephwtwv7XmnNYRoYzzNHYAEpn9vdp71KruwKMfD4W-GlPHBVABgLVNuAx49U2bBMdNnuygb9Id3qWf14P47TOFY1v4D47HQP1fWKD_-mNfFC_-0Kd4N5EVGyyyXdB6ddA

Hope this helps!

Dave

4 REPLIES 4
Enthusiast

Hello Dogansel,

These are the steps I have taken...

Also if you keep an eye on the CMX Mobile App Server log running in your console you will see the following show up ..

2015-02-16T23:38:41.427Z - info: Push notification message: { message: 'OK', ssid: '123', ssidPassword: '123' }

2015-02-16T23:38:41.427Z - info: Push notification message to be sent: OK with preferredNetwork: [ { ssid: '123', password: '123' } ] to registration ID: APA91bEpOajJrVDbyqMyvldwElGoDbGWUephwtwv7XmnNYRoYzzNHYAEpn9vdp71KruwKMfD4W-GlPHBVABgLVNuAx49U2bBMdNnuygb9Id3qWf14P47TOFY1v4D47HQP1fWKD_-mNfFC_-0Kd4N5EVGyyyXdB6ddA

Hope this helps!

Dave

Beginner

Hello Dave,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I downloaded the source code, but I could not open it by using Eclipse with Android Studio tools. Are you sure that it is the code for android devices? Or is this code written in different language than Java?

P.S: First I tried to import the code, then, I tried to open the code as a new project but neither of them worked.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Dogansel

Enthusiast

Hi Dogansel,

I have corrected the link in my original posting. You should be able to download all our sample code from here as well: Downloads - CMX MS

Thanks

Dave

Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Dave,

Thank you so much, it finally worked!

Best Regards,

Dogansel

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards