Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

CMX - MSE doesn’t send us back the location data (x,y)

We are a mobile development team from Nable AMEA.  We had Schedule the Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences Connect v1, from dCloud.  We are developing a mobile application software using the CMX-MSE  and we are facing two problems. 

First problem: 

We don’t have this option:  From the Connect & Engage UI, Mobile App > Mobile App Server from the left sidebar menu to view the Mobile Application Server details. 

Second problem: 

Perhaps has connection with the first problem.  We do registration from our mobile app to the server (CMX-MSE) but server doesn’t send us back the location data (x,y).   We are using the SDK CMX Android/iOS Framework to develop our mobile application. 

Yours faithful Metaxas Sotirios

Everyone's tags (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: CMX - MSE doesn’t send us back the location data (x,y)

Hi,  Let me try to duplicate your issues, and will follow up with you soon.  Thanks, Matt

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Check to see if CMX Connect & Engage is Operational Status Up.  In MSE 8.0 the UI will not show CONNECT AND ENGAGE if the Status is Down; go to General Properties to check the status.  Also, check CONTEXT AWARE SERVICE for actively tracked wireless clients.  For CMX Connect & Engage to work you have to have MSEs running Context Aware Service.

Also, try to duplicate the situation in the Cisco DevNet: APIs, SDKs, Sandbox, and Community for Cisco Developers sandboxes, msesandbox.cisco.com with the simulator controller, and let us know if that helps CMX-MSE configuration issues.

Matt

Highlighted
Beginner

We are working in dcloud in the session Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences Connect v1. We have installed in our office 3 Aps and 1 router (1861). Also we have installed the CMX Mobile Application Server in Fedora Server.

Could you tell us how to connect the CMX Mobile Application Server with MSE UI?

With Regards Metaxas Sotirios

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi,  I will try the CMX Connect v1 demo tomorrow.  The demo only requires a successfully registered router (FlexConnect mode - you will see the Demo_CMX network SSID from your wireless devices), and then CMX-MSE is provided from the demo and accessed via monitoring pc workstation1 using Remote Desktop Connection.  Let me follow-up with you soon. Thanks, Matt

Highlighted
Beginner

WE can connect and register in CMX Connect v1 demo with our mobile apps. But unfortunately the CMX-MSE don’t return as (x,y) location! (The CMX mobile application server receives location updates, setup, and configuration information from the Connect and Engage system. It serves the requests from Software Development Kit (SDK) clients for location information, point of interests, zones, and floors.).

We will wait your assistance tomorrow, thanks a lot.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I think all the CMX dCloud is giving you is a console into MSE, Wireless LAN Controller, and Prime WITHOUT the CMX Mobile Application Server, and demonstrating CMX Visitor Connect for only registration and providing no location services.  In DevNet Mobility Services, which content this Community forum supports, is the simulated MSE application which will provide device registration AND simulated location return values from your mobile applications. Please, see the following links:

CMX Mobility Services

https://developer.cisco.com/fileMedia/download/409b3441-6526-4457-be85-f9cc152be8e9

https://developer.cisco.com/fileMedia/download/e2e104ca-a6ae-4f13-98c7-a7a5c1f99e91

Highlighted
Beginner

Hello Matt

Thanks for the help.

We started to develop our mobile app with CMX Mobile Application Simulator Server. We didn't have any problem with simulator, but we needed to test our mobiles apps in real conditions. So we needed to implement in our offices the CMX prime infrastructure. We have install 3 APs and one router from Cisco which is connected with dcloud session (Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences Connect v1). We have installed CMX Mobile Application Simulator Server in fedora server 22 and connected with MSE from Dcloud.

Finally we succeeded to get location data (x,y) in mobiles app, unfortunately we haven't the Mobile App option in Connect & Engage UI, from MSE/UI.

That's because the session (Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences Connect v1) doesn’t support this option?

Sincerely,,

Metaxas Sotirios

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi,  I believe so, that the Cisco CMX Connect v1 demo doesn't have the CMX Mobile Application Server option.  I am waiting to borrow an integrated router from another office to try the demo myself to confirm.  I will inquire of the DevNet team, and request to provide a SandBox, or Learning Lab, to duplicate the dCloud environment with the MAS component available.  In the interim I will explore with engineering development support other means of testing CMX mobile applications.  I will followup soon.  Thanks, Matt

Highlighted
Beginner

Sorry my mistake Matt

• We have installed CMX Mobile Application Simulator Server in fedora server 22 and connected with MSE from Dcloud.**

We have installed CMX Mobile Application Server in fedora server 22 and NOT the simulator for the real conditions!!!

I will wait for your feedback.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I understand, thanks for the clarification.  Matt

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Matt

We solved the problem, we install them all from the beginning. Now we try to improve accuracy of infrastructure!

Thank you for your help.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

The Cisco Sandbox Lab is related to the CMX Mobility Services Downloads samples mentioned, above.  As an example of “what’s new in iOS 9” we get runtime errors with CMX Sample Location iOS demo from the CMX learning labs with Xcode 7/iOS 9.  In iOS 9, ATS enforces best practices during network calls, including the use of HTTPS.  If you’re developing a new app, you should use HTTPS exclusively.  The workaround is to add the following to info.plist.

Matt

<key>NSAppTransportSecurity</key>

<dict>

<key>NSAllowsArbitraryLoads</key>

<true/>

</dict>

CreatePlease to create content