Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

CMX Northbound Notification not working

Hi all,

I tried to activate the northbound notification from the demonstration cmx

cmxlocationsandbox.cisco.com

I tried several types.However, there is no notification received in the destination IP.

Moreover, alerts seem to occur
https://cmxlocationsandbox.cisco.com/configure/#alerts

Is there a problem with this platform ? If yes, when would it be solved ?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Frequent Contributor

Re: CMX Northbound Notification not working

Hi,

We need more information on the issue you are seeing.  What are the name of the notification(s) you have created so we can take a look?  Which notification listener (Python, Node.js, etc) are you using and where is it located (e.g., learning@ubuntu-coggerin-dev01:~/mjf-directory/LM-4901/SampleNotificationListener.js)?

Thanks,

Matt

Beginner

Hi,

I tried several notifications. Location updates and movements seem not to be working.

Regarding the listener I used the one you provide in python. But there is no traffic at all in the port and IP I provided. I checked with tshark on my server.

When I click on detail for my notification on the CMX there is nothing, only the sentence "No notification details are present".

When I click on other notifications, there is a detail presented where the number of notifications sent appears.

Thanks

Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up on the CMX Location sandbox notifications not working.  The stream of notification events are not being forwarded through the northbound interface.  I have cleared the current notification subscription queue and rebooted the CMX server to see if this resolves the issue.

Thanks again,

Matt

Frequent Contributor

The CMX Location server cmxlocationsandbox.cisco.com is back up and northbound notifications are being received without error.  Sorry for the trouble.  Thanks for letting us know.

Matt

Beginner

Hi, 

Sandbox not sending notifications anymore. 

Armand

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards