Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMX REST API to retrieve heatmap data

Hello community,

I currently evaluate Cisco CMX for heatmap analytics scenarios. I already saw a demo which showed heatmaps within the CMX GUI (MSE 10.0 Analytics Heatmap - YouTube).

In our use cases, we want to integrate those heatmaps in a custom dashboard. Are there REST APIs available to integrate the generated heatmaps with other applications (e.g. a REST API which retrieves the JPEG including the floorplan and heatmap colours)?

Thanks and best regards,

Ben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
matfarre
Frequent Contributor

Hi Ben,

There had been some early discussion about this on CMX mailers, and a forum customer had asked about a possible deprecated api resource api/analytics/v1/heatmap.  However, I am not aware of any means to receive heatmap data from CMX at this time.  If you desire to collect wireless client location data for a third party function heatmap application, the best way is notification subscription for all or filtered devices.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
matfarre
Frequent Contributor

Hi Ben,

There had been some early discussion about this on CMX mailers, and a forum customer had asked about a possible deprecated api resource api/analytics/v1/heatmap.  However, I am not aware of any means to receive heatmap data from CMX at this time.  If you desire to collect wireless client location data for a third party function heatmap application, the best way is notification subscription for all or filtered devices.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

matfarre
Frequent Contributor

Here is a short discussion about using CMX heatmaps.

CMX Analytics Heatmaps

Thanks,

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad