cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GET Radio Settings

MFisherIT
Level 1
Level 1

We have many organizations that operate independently of each other. Each of these organizations may have multiple networks.

I need to find networks that have similar AP models and the same network radio settings.

I would like to query meraki's API to get the following for each organization's network:

• Radio power
  • Auto channel
  • Default 5GHz channel width

How would I accomplish this?

I've looked at the following:

https://dashboard.meraki.com/manage/support/api_docs

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Using_the_Dashboard_XML_API_or_Public_Status_Page

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Location_Analytics_(CMX)#Location_API

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

colo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Michael,

I get it! Seems like common sense to audit via an API when you have hundreds of organizations. Today the only way to do this is from the UI. Radio settings will likely be part of the API in the future. Wish it and request it from sales so it get's prioritized.

Note that typically when we add an API with read we also add the capability to write. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

colo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

There is no API to list the radio power and channel - and these settings change over time when Auto power or Auto channel is enabled. Please let your Meraki sales person know you want this feature - or submit it on the wish box on the dashboard in the bottom right. It's best to submit the wish while you are on the API docs page.

Within an organization, a Configuration Template can configure multiple Networks to have the same settings. We do not support templates across multiple organizations.

Regards,

Colin

OH my, no!

I need to read the current settings. I would not want to make any changes. I do not want the current radio power (or anything else) of an AP.

What I would like is to query the Radio Settings from the Channel planning page.

To reach this page you open the Wireless menu and click on the Radio settings option.

Below are the attached images of what I am referring to. You can see the Radio settings option circled in yellow.

MerakiRadioSettingsMenu.png

After the page loads you can see the Channel planning page. This pages has three settings that I would like to query via API (or some other programmatically way), "Radio power", "Auto channel", and "Default 5Ghz channel width". I would like to know the values for each of these settings for each "NETWORK" for each "ORGANIZATION". Below (or attached) is a picture of the Channel planning page with the settings I would like to query circled in blue.

Channel_planning.png

On a small note I did not mark your reply as a correct answer because I believe we had a miss communication about what I wanted to achieve.

colo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Michael,

I get it! Seems like common sense to audit via an API when you have hundreds of organizations. Today the only way to do this is from the UI. Radio settings will likely be part of the API in the future. Wish it and request it from sales so it get's prioritized.

Note that typically when we add an API with read we also add the capability to write. 

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: