Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Interval of get API use CMX location active clients API?

Hi Expert,

my customer want to use CMX Location server  active clients API(http://<cmx ip>/api/location/v2/clients). So I want to know  how to define an active client in our CMX?How long is the  interval I need get unique client data through active clients API with the least times? 10 minutes?15minutes?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Interval of get API use CMX location active clients API?

Hi,

Active clients include both associated (connected to wireless network) and unassociated (not connected).  On activity map of CMX 10 the associated clients are green and unassociated are red.  You can get client data for all active clients through the REST api.  Active client data will be available as soon as CMX identifies the wireless device.

Please, clarify least time.

Thanks,

Matt

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Please, let us know if you have additional questions in a new discussion.  Thanks, Matt

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Matthew,many thanks!I have no more questions,

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Dear expert,

i have a question about the output of /api/location/v2/clients/ from AP:

you can see as following, some clients can be put in zone like "L1-K1", but some clients can be only display in floor, how can i make the clients all display in its specific zone? or what type of clients can be display in its specific zone?

"mapHierarchyString": "System Campus>Lenovo-II Park>1F>L1-K1"

"mapHierarchyString": "System Campus>Lenovo-II Park>4F"

Highlighted
VIP Rising star

This comes down to where CMX is classifying the client device on the floor plan. The API is just getting the information from CMX.

Two ways if you want it in the zone:

Improve the wireless location accuracy (Hyperlocation, tuning of the wireless, client association and few other i can think of to help here)

add additional zones to the CMX maps either through Prime first or straight into CMX

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
Cisco Community April 2020 Spotlight Award Winners