Views
Helpful
Replies

Location history for specific client in specific time

dvulovic
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I'm trying to get location history for specific MAC address in the specific time period. I tried the following:

location/v1/history/clients/<MAC>?locatedAfterTime=<XXX>&locatedBeforeTime=<YYY>

but I always keep getting bunch of records outside of specified time period.

API documentation for CMX 10.2 does not state that "locatedBeforeTime" and "locatedAfterTime" parameters are supported for history of a single client. However, for history of all clients, documentation also does not state that those parameters are available, yet text gives example of their usage.

Please clarify.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Djordje

1 Reply 1

matfarre
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I agree, that the http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/mse/10-2/api/b_cmx_102_api_reference.pdf could be better.  Cisco CMX 10.3 will be available at the end of March 2017, and I hope the REST API documentation will have been updated with better information.  

I only have had good results using "locatedBeforeTime" and "locatedAfterTime" with the history of all clients. 

The /api/location/v1/historylite/clients/:macaddress resource would provide history of all location updates for a macaddress using "chgOn" chronological timestamp.

Also, consider using the Notification subscription for individual mac address or group of mac addresses.

Thanks for the question,

Matt