cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meraki Dashboard API For Site-to-Site VPN Availability

kyle.varga
Level 1
Level 1

We are having an issue with our site-to-site VPN connection with a client. We believe the root cause is that they have to enforce a data-usage based VPN renegotiation, which the Meraki gear does not support.

We have found that going into Meraki Dashboard, changing network availability to 'No Networks', waiting 30 seconds, and adding our network back will resolve problem.

I'd love to automate this some, but from the Docs I don't think it is possible via the API, can someone confirm? Is this the correct place to request new features/endpoints to the Meraki Dashboard API?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

colo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Kyle,

Yes, you can enable and disable the VPN using the API endpoint to remove/add the VPN settings:

https://dashboard.meraki.com/api_docs#update-the-site-to-site-vpn-settings-of-a-network

It sounds like you are facing a VPN issue. I could not find an open case under your name, and I suggest opening a support case by emailing support@meraki.com

You can request new features either through your Cisco Meraki sales person or directly to our engineers/PMs via the wish form on the dashboard. Go to Help > API Docs and submit a wish that mentions "API" and it will be read.

Thanks,

Colin Lowenberg

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

colo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Kyle,

Yes, you can enable and disable the VPN using the API endpoint to remove/add the VPN settings:

https://dashboard.meraki.com/api_docs#update-the-site-to-site-vpn-settings-of-a-network

It sounds like you are facing a VPN issue. I could not find an open case under your name, and I suggest opening a support case by emailing support@meraki.com

You can request new features either through your Cisco Meraki sales person or directly to our engineers/PMs via the wish form on the dashboard. Go to Help > API Docs and submit a wish that mentions "API" and it will be read.

Thanks,

Colin Lowenberg

Thanks Colin.

I don't see how I would change the network availability from that part of

the documentation.

The case we have re our issues has been closed ( 01486682 ) FYI.

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 12:02 PM, Colin Lowenberg <community@cisco.com>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: