Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

MSE- Live Application

As per our understanding,

1. We need Mobile Application Server Simulator to test the application. And when the application will be live we just need to change IP      Address(to 64.103.26.61) and port no(to 8081).

2. We can develop application without using Sandbox?

Please correct me if I am wrong. your comments are most welcome.

Do I need to do any extra thing to provide live environment?

Everyone's tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Re: MSE- Live Application

Hi Chetan

1. No. The Mobile App Server Simulator that is hosted in the cloud (64.103.26.61) is used to help developers develop the mobile application. You can also download the simulator and run it in your machine or your local environment . The simulator is available here : Downloads - CMX MS. So yes you can develop without the sandbox if you install the simulator on your box.

2.In the real use case, you just need to change the IP address in your app to point to the real mobile app server. Version 1.1.0.17 of the real mobile app server is available here: https://developer.cisco.com/site/cmx-mobility-services/downloads/

3. In a live environment the flow of information would typically be in the following way in a very simplistic manner : Access Point -> Wireless Controller -> Mobility Services Engine -> Mobile App Server.

Hope that helps.

Abhishek

CreatePlease to create content
This widget could not be displayed.