Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

MSE - simulate an incoming event normaly sent by a RFID TAG ?

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to simulate an incoming event (eg a battery event) normally sent by a RFID TAG to the MSE ?

Does the MSE API provide such a functionality ?

PS : my usecase is not to define and trigger an event from the MSE to a third party application, but to put an event (into the MSE) like a button does it.

Thanks a lot in advance

Stephane

Everyone's tags (5)
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: MSE - simulate an incoming event normaly sent by a RFID TAG ?

Hi Stephane,

Cisco uses a simulator called TSIM - Wireless AP and Client Simulator, which supports simulation of RFID for for testing purposes.  TSIM is used on the DevNet CMX sandboxes.  Please, describe your usecase fully, to determine if we can accommodate a test case or scenario for you.

Matt

Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks Matt for your quick answer !

My usecase => today, we have a CISCO infra (with a MSE/CAS appliance) and physical buttons (RFID Tags that implement CCX protocol). I want to know/test if it is possible to directly converse with the controler or MSE through an API REST (over HTTP/HTTPS) to trigger notifications to a third party application.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Which version of MSE are you running?  Both MSE 8 and CMX 10 have notification subscription APIs for that purpose.  For MSE 8 and earlier see the following resources:

https://developer.cisco.com/site/cmx-mobility-services/documents/api-reference-manual/?shell#mse-api-documentation

and for CMX 10 see:

Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences Configuration Guide, Release 10.1 - Managing Cisco CMX Configuration [Cisco Mobility …

Matt

Highlighted
Beginner

We currently use the MSE 8.

I already saw the documentation but i didn't find the way (ie the URL) to create an "incoming event" that will trigger a message to a third party app => can you give me this URL ? And if you have an example, it would be appreciate.

Thx again Matt

Stephane

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Stephane,  There probably is a way to place test/debug devices on the map (like a simulator), but I'm not aware of CMX debug tools, or haven't used them.  Let's look for CMX debug tools, see what's available.  Matt

Highlighted
Beginner

Matt, do you then confirm that the MSE API isn't built to accept URL (launched by postman, soapui, a simple browser, or why not a device) that will trigger messages to a 3rd party app ?

In fact, I don't want place devices on the map, I just want to know if the MSE API accepts events that will trigger messages.

Excuse me if i'm not clear and, again, thx for the time you spend for me.

Stephane

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Stephane,

I understand the problem now, and I do believe there is MSE API debug urls which will do what you want.  I haven't found the source material on this, but will keep looking/asking.

Matt

Highlighted
Beginner

Great Matt, so i'm looking forward to get good news !!

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Matt,

Do you have some news about the "MSE API debug urls" ?

Thank you, have a good day, Stéphane

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Matt,

I feel so lonely without any news ...

Can you help me ?

Thx in advance, Stéphane

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi,  Haven't found the resource yet, but I know there are debug/testing API available.  I haven't got an answer from CMX engineering, but will ask again.  Thanks, Matt

Content for Community-Ad
Cisco Community July 2020 Spotlight Award Winners
This widget could not be displayed.