cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port Status via Dashboard API?

heikoliedtke
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently playing around with the Dashboard API and I am wondering if there is no way to pull out the Port status "Up" or "Down" via

API from the dashboard.

I got several information about switch ports, but not the connection state? Is this true?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

colo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes!

You want to look at the clients API, which is time based let's you see all of the client devices connected to the switchports over the the last month down to just the last second.

Clients API

For uplink status you want to look at this API:

WAN Uplink Status

If you see no clients on a port, you know it's not in use, but it could also just be disabled. That requires checking to make sure the port is not disabled. It sounds like you already looked at the Switchports API:

Switchports

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

colo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes!

You want to look at the clients API, which is time based let's you see all of the client devices connected to the switchports over the the last month down to just the last second.

Clients API

For uplink status you want to look at this API:

WAN Uplink Status

If you see no clients on a port, you know it's not in use, but it could also just be disabled. That requires checking to make sure the port is not disabled. It sounds like you already looked at the Switchports API:

Switchports

Hi Colin, thanks for the Reply. I have checked the Clients API as well as the Switchports API, but it seems,

that not all Information provided on the Web Dashboard are currently accessible via API. Is there a Roadmap available

about new Features for the API? Or do I have to consider SNMP as well in combination with API to get all needed Information?

What attributes would you like to see added? Submit them via the wish form at the bottom of the dashboard as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: