Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Push-notifications don't work correctly

Hi everyone !

I have a problem with push-notifications. On some android devices it works, another android devices doesn't work.

And on work's devices I found out the main problem:

After we received push notification first time, later when we change zone, second time we don't receive push notification.

But changes of banners on phone, changes of my position are working properly.

Next time I can receive push-notification after one day, the minimum time when CMX database cleared visitor data.

(MSE--> CMX Connect & Engage --> Settings --> Server Setting --> Visitor data retention time --> № of days)

Manually we can't clean it. How can I get push-notification every time i change zone ? Have any ideas ?

On simulator all work fine.

Thanks )

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Re: Push-notifications don't work correctly

Hi Taras,

Request to refer  section 6.11. Push Notifications for related information

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Highlighted
Beginner

Thank You, but there is not related information in section 6.11

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

This has to do with the number of minutes before the Mobile Application Server will send a push notification again. By default when a user enters a zone another push notification will not be sent for that user again for 60 minutes. This can be adjusted in  a properties file:

/opt/cmx-mobile-app-server/apache-tomcat/webapps/cmx-cloud-server/WEB-INF/classes/config/settings.properties

has an entry:

# Number of minutes before sending a push notification for entering a zone again

location.minutesBetweenSendingNotification=60

You can lower that number down to 1. I would suggest not lower than 1 so push notifications are handled properly in case the user bounces around a zone.

After changing the setting you will need to stop and start the server:

/etc/init.d/cmx-mobile-app-server stop

/etc/init.d/cmx-mobile-app-server start

The changes should be picked up on restart.

Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you for answer. Now I know where is settings of push-notifications. But in my situation, Application Server doesn't send push-notification the whole day, next only in 1 day. By default is 60 minute ! I tried to change the number of minutes to 1 but nothing has changed.

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here
This widget could not be displayed.