Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

User Permissions Required for API Calls?

I am looking to make calls to the Location API on our CMX v7 server.  The CMX administrator set up a user and assigned them to the "Admin" Group, and I can call the APIs as expected.  But when I create a new user with the same "Admin" Group, the new user cannot call most of the APIs, instead the result is "Unauthorized" - Reason=Error while Authenticating the User; Response=CMX: System error.

Both users are assigned to the same (single) Virtual Domain "ROOT-DOMAIN".  Why would the original user be able to call the REST APIs while new user cannot?  What other permissions, attributes, etc should I be looking at to permit a user to call the REST APIs?

And while I have your attention   what is the minimal permissions a user needs to call the APIs?  "Admin" provides far more permissions then I need, and "NBI Read" permissions seems to be what I am looking for, but I cannot yet test my new user and permissions because of the above issue.  Any guidance would be appreciated, and please remember that we are currently using an older v7 version of CMX, thanks.

0 REPLIES 0
Content for Community-Ad
Cisco Community October 2020 Spotlight Award Winners
This widget could not be displayed.