Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC Webhook returns jibberish

RichardAtkin
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I've written a really simple webhook listener in PHP and I've subscribed to it in the WLC.  The WLC says it successfully publishes data to the webhook, but all I get is jibberish blank characters, special characters, etc.  I tested the same webhook listener with an online API tester and it works fine - receives the POST and dumps it to a text file.  When I do the same thing from the WLC however, it's unintelligable.

Here's my code... It works fine with CURL, etc... but WLC returns jibberish.

webhooklistener.php

<html>
<body>
<?php
$file = "wlcwebhook.txt";
$request = file_get_contents('php://input');
file_put_contents($file, $request);
?>
</body>
</html>

POST info from WLC;wlc_webhook_useless.PNG

It's like I need to decrypt / decode it somehow, but I can't see any mention of the WLC sending anything other than plain text - did I miss something?  Or is it bust and it really is just posting crap?  Any ideas?

I'm using a vWLC on v8.8.100.0

Thanks,

Rich

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Richard,
8.8.100.0 was just released to the public about 24 hours ago. On a Saturday.
Not everyone has loaded this to their controllers yet.

Slackers!

Rebooted WLC a couple more times - and it works.  I tried to debug via 'Debug DX ...' on WLC too but it's not documented in the 8.8 Command Reference so a little trial and error, and it didn't reveal anything useful anyway.

Works now... JSON lovliness.

Capture.PNG

Nope - it's broken again.  Very intermittent... seems it fails more than it succeeds :(

webhook_useless.PNG

Eric Garnel
Level 1
Level 1

Would you mind sharing your Webhook config on the WLC side? I'm working on something similar to import into Grafana