cancel

Adding custom maps to the MSE simulator

Views
Helpful
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Val Nenov on 26-06-2009 09:00:53 PM
Hello every one,

I am new to this forum and even though I tried to read all treads in a search for an answer to my question, I may have missed it. So here it is.

Is there a way to add custom maps (floor plans / blueprints) to the MSE simulator. Aslo, can the database content -- the coordinates of tags, etc. be modified. I do not have access to a fully functional MSE and WCS and am trying to build a realistic proof of concept demo using the simulator.

Thanks for your consideration,

Val

Subject: RE: Adding custom maps to the MSE simulator
Replied by: Seetharaman Renganathan on 29-06-2009 11:43:47 AM

Hi Val Nenov,

Welcome to ContextAware API tech center
Actually Goal of Simulator is, get a feel of what the MSE responds<font face="Helvetica" size="2"><font face="Helvetica" size="2">

back for each API queries . This Simulator will eliminate the network elements such as Controllers,
Access Points , Clients , Tags since database of MSE has been loaded with predefined elements.
It will help the customer like how to Integrate with thrird party application using with MSE APIs.
So you could not able to add customize the maps as wells as, you could not modify the database contents.
If you need that features kindly order real MSE and enjoy the benefits.

Thanks,
Seetha

</font></font><font face="Helvetica" size="2">

</font>

Replied by: Val Nenov on 30-06-2009 08:53:56 PM
Thanks for the feedback Seetha,

do you have any suggestions where is the best place to get the full MSE? I have found several retail sites on the web and they all have very different prices. What is the latest MSE version? Can it be purchased as a softwarte package only or does it come as a hardware+software package?

Val 

Replied by: Seetharaman Renganathan on 02-07-2009 10:21:35 AM
Hi Val,
Latest version of MSE is 6.0.75.For ordering MSE kindly refer following pdf.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps9733/ps9742/data_sheet_c07-473865.html 
 kindly purchase MSE as a  hardware+software package,software SDK(image) is open  for customer.
Customer can able to download the s/w image from following location
http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/sw-wireless.shtml

Thanks,
Seetha
Content for Community-Ad
Cisco Community August2020 Spotlight Award Winners
This widget could not be displayed.