cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Questions about Context Aware Notifications function and a Service ....

Views
Helpful
Comments
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: Markus Weber on 28-09-2009 03:20:43 PM
Hi all,

I am just getting started with the MSE API and tried to find out how to get the informations which are sent out by the MSE (API).

The MSI successfully connected to the WLC, all seems to be working fine.

Now I tried to set up a test, so that we can see which informations are coming out to a listening service (IP and Port).
Under Services / Context Aware Notifications / Notification Settings, I have added a new Group for the test and under this group a new Event Definition.

I entered all the informations which will be need for testing a connection. First try was a TCP / http listener - but no informations arrived. I set up a IP, said XML - Soap, enabled and disabled https and also tested setting up ports.

I was using the "Test - Fire Event Definition(s)" function in the Event Definition overview to get informations out.

Can anybody please explain to me how I can try these settings / functions, so that I am able to see which informations are arriving?

Does anybody have a "test application / Service" which works fine? Maybe someone is able to show / send me one?

I need help with this function and how I am able to get informations / data.

It will be nice to hear from other users, how this thing is working.

Thanks so far.

Subject: RE: Questions about Context Aware Notifications function and a Service ....
Replied by: Seetharaman Renganathan on 29-09-2009 09:17:28 AM
Hi Markus,

Welcome to Context Aware API forum.
We have to run the soap listener program in the  configured ip system for  listening the particular Port to get the informations which are sent out by the MSE (API).
Have added  soap listener  program in MSE Context-Aware API Specification documnet  now. Kindly get the code snippet from 13.6 section in MSEContext-Aware API Specification documnet .

Thanks,
Seetha

Subject: RE: Questions about Context Aware Notifications function and a Service ....
Replied by: Markus Weber on 29-09-2009 12:21:50 PM
Hi,

thanks a lot so far. That is what I needed ... Many thanks!!

I have seen that this is a Java sample code ... *smile*

Maybe ... a little question ... is this available as C#, too?

That would be really really nice :-)

Best regards

Replied by: Seetharaman Renganathan on 01-10-2009 06:32:14 AM
Hi Markus,
  Right now we didnt have  tested C# notification listener program. we  will take your request and will post the document once completed

Thanks for your co operation.

Regards,
Seetha

Replied by: Markus Weber on 01-10-2009 07:42:58 AM
Hi Seetha,

It sounds very good. I am going to try it with java, but C# has many vantages compared to java :-)

Thank you for the help in this issue.

Best regards,

Markus

Replied by: Markus Weber on 13-11-2009 04:27:36 PM
Hi Seetha,

any news with the C# notification listener program?

Replied by: James Lynes on 25-11-2009 11:23:57 AM
Has any documentation regarding the C# listner been made avaliable yet, i too would be very intrested.

Replied by: Seetharaman Renganathan on 01-12-2009 10:52:31 AM
Hi Markus, James,

For your request we have updated Context Aware Notification listener C# program in CDN under resources->MSE Sample code.This is a window based program ,just listening a port on specified ip address, so kindly pass your ip address and port  which is already configured in MSE, There is no support for this program , you could  enhance this program based on your requirement.

Thanks,
Seetha

Content for Community-Ad
Cisco Community August2020 Spotlight Award Winners
This widget could not be displayed.