cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aggregating ports with nexus in an MPLS network?

Jitex
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, im not able to test this as i lack the equipment myself...

im wondering how FRR and VPLS tunnels would react if i placed one or a pair of nexuses between the edge and core? Ie R1 -> SW -> R2 (would r1 even react to a link failure between sw and r2? How would labels be transfered while traversing the switches, do they drop?)

would that even work or would the paths be scrambled due to this? Greatfull for any replies thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Jitex,

if you are going to use the Nexus as simple L2 transparent switches, there is no issue as the MPLS frames are still ethernet frames eventually with an 802.1Q tag followed by the MPLS ethertype.

Also in the signaling plane this would nor be an issue.

If you instead mean you would like to have the Nexus act as P nodes in the MPLS cloud they should be able to be used for this.

If you mean you would like to use the Nexus as a VPLS PE node this needs to be checked.

Making a search I ahve found the following:

You need the MPLS license installed according to the following thread

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/other-data-center-subjects/nexus-7000-supports-vpls/td-p/2478928

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Jitex,

if you are going to use the Nexus as simple L2 transparent switches, there is no issue as the MPLS frames are still ethernet frames eventually with an 802.1Q tag followed by the MPLS ethertype.

Also in the signaling plane this would nor be an issue.

If you instead mean you would like to have the Nexus act as P nodes in the MPLS cloud they should be able to be used for this.

If you mean you would like to use the Nexus as a VPLS PE node this needs to be checked.

Making a search I ahve found the following:

You need the MPLS license installed according to the following thread

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/other-data-center-subjects/nexus-7000-supports-vpls/td-p/2478928

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Sorry for the late reply thanks