cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR1001 - Link does not up

csg-admin
Level 1
Level 1

Model: cisco ASR1001 / Version 03.12.00.S / Version 15.4(2)S / bootflash:/asr1001-universalk9.03.12.00.S.154-2.S-std.bin

I configured interface 0/0/0 with GLC-TE /IP address/32 / duplex full/speed 100. I have tested circuit without router and there is no issue and connected to router but link did not up. 

I have shut 0/0/0 and re-configured 0/0/1 but link did not up. I replaced GLC-TE but still same. 

I am not sure why link does not up. Anyone has any idea? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AnthonySylvester
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The optics-to-device compatibility matrix shows that the GLC-TE optic requires a minimum IOS-XE software release of 3.15.0S to be compatible with ASR1001. Check it out here: https://tmgmatrix.cisco.com/?npid=247

That said - you are running 3.12.0S, so that's likely why you're having issues with that optic.

** Please remember to mark this post if it was helpful. **
Anthony Sylvester

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

AnthonySylvester
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The optics-to-device compatibility matrix shows that the GLC-TE optic requires a minimum IOS-XE software release of 3.15.0S to be compatible with ASR1001. Check it out here: https://tmgmatrix.cisco.com/?npid=247

That said - you are running 3.12.0S, so that's likely why you're having issues with that optic.

Anthony Sylvester

csg-admin
Level 1
Level 1

@AnthonySylvester Thank you very much for your reply. 

Of course! Glad I could help. Definitely reach out again if you upgrade and are still having issues.

Anthony Sylvester
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: