MPLS

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Forum Posts

Hi,I'm quite confuse with the usage of conditional label advertising in MPLS network. Without the conditional label advertising in core, label for WAN subnets in core routers will be advertise by default.To prevent, I need to filter those unnecessary...

maher by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I keep reading about the MPLS VPN, including a recent Cisco document. They keep referring to MPLS VPNs, but the closest reference to any real VPN was to "Layer 2 VPNs". What L2 VPN? The best that I could decipher was some possible inference to L2TP a...

JetSecPro by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What is equivalant MPLS "copy tftp flash" command to copy an image from a TFTP server located in a VRF? I can't get the router to pull IOS images unless the TFTP server is located in the Global Routing Table. I do realize this may be a stupid quest...

Resolved! SPF Timer

I want using a BFD with OSPF . but, fault tollerence time is BFD hold time + SPF recalculation interval.so that, I want to change SPF timer. I read it this document. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1838/products_feature_gui...

raj

how does voip works. Please give me information from the very beginning. I have been searching for such kind of documentation.

Hello,I am currently running a Multi-VPM enterprise network. These VPNs are interconnected through several Inter-VPN gateways (Layer-2 firewalls). Each firewall is facing a PE terminating many VRFs of the network. In order to ensure stateful packet ...

nmattle by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We are starting a conversion of a rather large network from atm/frame to mpls. We will be managing the ce routers and talk bgp to the pe routers. Our current network is eigrp. We will have quite a few backdoor links in the network. Some will be backu...

wrsteve by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! VPLS Support

Hi there,I've been searching the forums attempting to find a definitive answer to the following question:Is VPLS supported in the 6500/7600 without the use of OSM modules?The hardware I'm working with are two 6509 w/ Sup720-3BXL and PFC3BXL in each. ...

evantol by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! VRF support

Hi:1) Is VRF support dependent on switch/router model device or IOS version?2) What devices support VRF currently? or what IOS version supports VRF now?

Hi Sirs: Please answer each question separately: 1) What are the main differences between EoMPLS and VPLS? 2) What Cisco devices support EoMPLS? Only edge devices? Why? 3) What Cisco devices support VPLS? Only core devices? Why? 4) Using only EoMPLS,...

Hi,I had seen some conflicting documentation regarding AFI,SAFI,NLRI terms. Can someone put in plain words the differences between them?Thanks,David

dknov by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I just thought about something. When you transmit MPLS Labels over L2 technology (ATM/FR/Eth) L2 header identifies that encapsulated traffic is Label and it's done via EtherType or SNAP headers.I assume that when LDP gets enabled on the interface...

dknov by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have connected two PE routers (3620) via serial cable and on each PE a CE router (2503).From my point of view, I think that I have configured everthing correct for MPLS VPN.In detail:The vrfs contains the routes from the PE neighbor via MB-BGP. ...

f.geldner by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

TTL

Hi, An IP packet is traversing thru an MPLS network.I know that as it passes thru each router the MPLS TTL value is decremented..But just wanted to know what happens to the IP TTL value..?Thanks in advance..

amms68958 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I have been looking at the example in http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk436/tk832/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080231a3e.shtmlMy implementation is almost identical, I have a Netflow Collector sitting in my Management vrf.The global...

norlink by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Unanswered Topics