MPLS

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Forum Posts

Resolved! VPLS Support

Hi there,I've been searching the forums attempting to find a definitive answer to the following question:Is VPLS supported in the 6500/7600 without the use of OSM modules?The hardware I'm working with are two 6509 w/ Sup720-3BXL and PFC3BXL in each. ...

evantol by Level 1
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Resolved! VRF support

Hi:1) Is VRF support dependent on switch/router model device or IOS version?2) What devices support VRF currently? or what IOS version supports VRF now?

Hi Sirs: Please answer each question separately: 1) What are the main differences between EoMPLS and VPLS? 2) What Cisco devices support EoMPLS? Only edge devices? Why? 3) What Cisco devices support VPLS? Only core devices? Why? 4) Using only EoMPLS,...

Hi,I had seen some conflicting documentation regarding AFI,SAFI,NLRI terms. Can someone put in plain words the differences between them?Thanks,David

dknov by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi, I just thought about something. When you transmit MPLS Labels over L2 technology (ATM/FR/Eth) L2 header identifies that encapsulated traffic is Label and it's done via EtherType or SNAP headers.I assume that when LDP gets enabled on the interface...

dknov by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I have connected two PE routers (3620) via serial cable and on each PE a CE router (2503).From my point of view, I think that I have configured everthing correct for MPLS VPN.In detail:The vrfs contains the routes from the PE neighbor via MB-BGP. ...

f.geldner by Level 1
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

TTL

Hi, An IP packet is traversing thru an MPLS network.I know that as it passes thru each router the MPLS TTL value is decremented..But just wanted to know what happens to the IP TTL value..?Thanks in advance..

amms68958 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi All,I have been looking at the example in http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk436/tk832/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080231a3e.shtmlMy implementation is almost identical, I have a Netflow Collector sitting in my Management vrf.The global...

norlink by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

In our MPLS environment, we are running internet I a separate network, now I want to merge the networks together, by use the global routing table, for our internet access and peering …Our MPLS environment is covering 10 locations where I connect cust...

Can anyone show me how congestion control is implemented over MPLS network .Is there any important different to TCP congestion control in traditional IP network I'm looking for a ns2 forum (network simulator).Anyone know about it please give me a lin...

abusayyaf by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Does anybody happened to find any good MPLS Presentation, covering the following topics.1. L2 MPLS VPN2. L3 MPLS VPN3. Advantage of L3 MPLS VPN over L2 MPLS VPN.3. Advantage of L2 MPLS VPN over L3 MPLS VPN.4. MPLS VPN QoSA link to the presentation wi...

j.samanta by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

As per the Cisco MPLS/VPN architectures book, the egress PE does "a lookup on the second label, which uniquely defines the target VRF" (page 163). My question is - If the second label is used to determine which routes learnt from a MPiBGP peer goes ...

leerobert by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Scenario:Am running a TE Tunnel between two sites and BGP is running over this tunnel. If my TE tunnel breaks (Due to issues with one of the routers in the path) will there be a breakage in my BGP session too?Note: TE Tunnel is not dynamic and we are...

PVC

I was working on a 2811router with a T1 connection, my configuration is right, so was the settings at the carrer site(AT&T), I wasn't seeing protocol.Carrier was able to loop the CSU(in-built), but wasn't receiving any data back from the equipment, a...

Top Solution Authors