cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cell mode MPLS using LS1010

srikanth
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to know if it is possible to configure Cell mode MPLS between routers with ATM interfaces and LS1010 as a switch. I want to run MPLS on the LS1010. I tried looking at Feature navigator and Software advisor, but the tools display the feature as being supported only on Catalyst 8510 and 8540 switches. If the feature is supported on LS1010, please let me know what version of IOS should be used.

4 Replies 4

lhenkes
Level 1
Level 1

try running a cat8510msr image in your LS1010. If you have an LS1010 with an ASP with a PFQ featurecard, it would not suprise me if you turned your LS1010 into a MPLS enabled cat8510MSR... No guarantees however

regards

Leo Henkes

bradwong
Level 1
Level 1

This should not be a problem as described in the following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/atm/c8540/12_0/13_19/sw_cnfig/tag.htm#xtocid3

Hardware and Software Requirements and Restrictions (Catalyst 8510 MSR and

LightStream 1010)

The Catalyst 8510 MSR and LightStream 1010 ATM switch router hardware requirements for tag switching include the following:

- The ATM switch router (used as a tag switch).

- A switch processor feature card installed on the route processor, if you want to enable VC merge (multipoint-to-point connection). Note that FC-PFQ requires 64 MB of DRAM.

- A tag edged router such as a Cisco 7000 RSP with an OC-3 AIP installed.

Looking at the config guides, this feature was available even back since 12.0 software for the LS1010

nchidamb
Level 1
Level 1

It started supporting since 12.1(7a)EY. Have a look at the following URL

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/atm/c8540/12_1/lhouse/newlhous.htm

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: