cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does 12008 router support RSVP bandwidth allocation?

zxhuang
Level 1
Level 1

Does 12008 router support RSVP bandwidth allocation?

I heard from two colleagues that 12008 supports RSVP-TE 3209 - but only implements the label distribution aspects, not the actual bandwidth allocation - what people call QoS.

Is this true? If not how to enable the RSVP's bandwidth allocation functionality?

Thanks!

-Zhan

4 Replies 4

waris
Level 1
Level 1

12008 is Cico High End router Chassis.

Actual forwarding is done on the line cards.You should check which line card supports your required feature.

Traffic Engineering code on GSR is no different from 7500,7600,10000 Cisco routers.

Through Diffserv Aware TE we can guarantee bandwidth for a particular tunnel if that what you meant by QOS.

For DS-TE

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1829/products_feature_guide09186a00800ae4af.html

Hope it helps

-Waris

Thanks, Waris!

I have a 12000 4-Port OC-3/STM-1 POS/SDH Line Card and a 12000 Series 4-Port Gigabit Ethernet ISE Line Card. But I did not find detail document mentioning the RSVP bandwidth allocation/reservation on your website. Do you know where I can get this info?

-Zhan

Is 3xOC3 POS Engine 2 ?

I'll get back to you with the information.

Regards,

-waris

Hi Zhan,

If you are looking for dynamically bandwidth detection and allocation then the feature is called Autobandwith.Both of your cards support that feature.

For configuration

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1829/products_feature_guide09186a00800b4af4.html#1038593

If you want to ensure certain bandwidth to a tunnel interface then you need to have DS-TE.Both the cards support it and configuration is there in my previous reply link.

Hope it helps

-Waris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: