Helpful
Replies

Enabling segment routing per service

Marek Manik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

let's image!

I have MPLS enabled in the core, but I explicitly disable  MPLS for the traffic in GRT.

Simply, Loopback 0 and customer access links belong to the subnet for which I disabled the advertisement of MPLS labels in LDP.

If I enable "segment-routing mpls sr-prefer" on the router, does it means that any ingress traffic entering the router into GRT will also be MPLS switched?

Assumption is that for the same L0 I configure prefix-SID on all core routers.

My assumption is that all the traffic will be MPLS switched thanks to labels advertised by SR.

Next question is then, how can i avoid that? Is there any way how can i prevent it?

Let's say I want to use SR for all L2VPN/L3VPN in my network but I don't want to use SR for the traffic in GRT

Thanks

Marek

1 Reply 1

Ashish Panda
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marek,

"segment-routing mpls sr-prefer" changes the default label imposition behavior from LDP to SR.

It comes in picture in scenarios where you have both LDP label and SR label.

So if you have SR prefix SIDs allocated (normally explicitly configured) for GRT network prefixes, then the above command will make the traffic SR MPLS switched.

Answer to your second question is same. you can control SID allocation (assign or not) for GRT network either on the originating router or on the mapping servers (if the GRT network is in the LDP domain).

regards

Ashish