mailaglady2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Network diagram

CE --- PE1 --- PE2

|---Tunnel int--|

Tunnel Interface

I have an MPLS cloud between the PE routers, now my problem is I have a loopback1001(PE2) that is on a vrf and I can ping it from the CE router. On the CE router I also have a loopback interface and I can also ping the CE loopback from a PE2 vrf instance. I have created a tunnel interface with a source and destination of both loopbacks but I cannot ping the tunnel.

I have tried to add the tunnel interface on the VRF instance and I also tried to remove the vrf on the tunnel interface but I still can't ping the tunnel, what could be a problem here?

Kind regards

Mpho

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

on PE2, you need command "tunnel vrf X" under the tunnel interface. You want the tunnel to look for source and destination inside VRF

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Yasir Ashfaque
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

its quite confusing topology, have you configured the VRF on PE2? (Bypassed PE1 through Tunnel) you need to share configs to understand it more.

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

on PE2, you need command "tunnel vrf X" under the tunnel interface. You want the tunnel to look for source and destination inside VRF

Thanks for your assistance, i only need the command "tunnel vrf X" and it's now working.

Do you perhaps have a url or a document that I can read to get more details on how to configure and verify this, I need to add ipsec on this tunnel now.

Thanks a lot.