cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configurate dynamic load balance on two VRF in a physical MPLS link?

benzhao98
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

would someone can tell me how to configurate dynamic load balance on two VRF in a physical MPLS link?

Topology:

HQ(3845)-----------MPLS link(2M)-----------Branch(2811)

Scene:

there a MPLS VPN link between HQ and Branch, we want to set up two VRF on this MPLS link, one is VRF-internal, another is VRF-guest,  and two VRF share with 2M, can we dynamic load balance on both VRF? but VRF-internal have high priority.

Thanks

Ben

7 Replies 7

Mahesh Gohil
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Can you elaborate more on what is needed.

Is it like you have one physical link from HQ to provider (same setup at branch) and you want it split into two vrf's and then

load share between these two vrf's ?

Regards # Mahesh

Hi Mahesh,

thanks a lot for your reply, you are right, is there any good suggestion and example configuration?  and if do this, it mean there is a PE router in client network? because VRF can't be configure in CE Router? is this right?

thanks

Ben

you can acheive by using vrf lite at customer end or create two sub interface one for internal and one for guest and corresponding different vrf will be terminated at PE router.

HQ(3845)---vrf lite a,b(vlan10,20)----vrf  a,b(vlan10,20)----MPLS link(2M)-----------Branch(2811)

HQ(3845)---(vlan10,20)----vrf  a,b(vlan10,20)----MPLS link(2M)-----------Branch(2811)

regards

Shivlu Jain

HI Shivlu Jain,

thanks for your support, I am a learner on MPLS, Would you show me some simple example configuration(include 3845,2811 and both PE of service provider). and can we dynamic load balance on both VRF or sub interface with some QOS?

maybe the topology need change to below?

HQ3845(vrf lite a,b(vlan10,20)----PE1 (vrf  a,b(vlan10,20))----MPLS link(2M)-----------PE2 (vrf  a,b(vlan10,20))——--Branch2811(vrf lite a,b(vlan10,20))

or

HQ3845(vlan10,20)----PE1 (vrf  a,b(vlan10,20))----MPLS link(2M)-----------PE2(vrf  a,b(vlan10,20))——Branch2811(vlan10,20)

is below topology  available for this requirement?

CE1(VRF-lite Guest on tunnel 0, VRF-lite-Employee on tunne1)——MPLS——CE2(VRF-lite Guest on tunnel 0, VRF-lite-Employee on tunne1)

because local SP don't accept  make any change on PE router.

Hi.

How are you today?

I looked at this topic only today, and I had a doubt.

I have two mpls links and want to do load balancing between the two links.

You say you can not change the settings of routers feet, this is correct ... but how can I ensure that the packets passed through the MPLS cloud and arrived at the destination if they go by different routes or the PEs are not the same, my SP will not know what I'm doing this.

My Local network ----- PE Router ----- cloud mpls ------ Router PE ----- My site network

By understanding, I need lith VRFs on my local network. this is correct?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: