Views
Helpful
Replies

L2vpn Pseudowire redundancy

mvelazquezdsc
Level 1
Level 1

hi all

does anyone know if "l2vpn pseudowire redundancy" feature is available for 7200? yesterday i found a presentation in cco that confirms that, but feature navigator says that only 7300 and GSR supports that feature.

thanks a lot for your help

Mario

5 Replies 5

swaroop.potdar
Level 7
Level 7

Yes its supported as its implementted in software and doesnt rely on any hardware level redundancy imposition.

The reason for the FEature Navigator howning the wrong thing is it only shows up 12.2SB series and for these series the hardware supported as GSR and 7300.

But Apart from SB 12.0S series also has this feature which is supported on 7200 series.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1829/products_feature_guide09186a0080606811.html

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

i am using 12.0(32)s4 in a 7200 VXR NPE400, but the command backup peer x.x.x.x is not available. Am i using the rigth IOS?

Mario

i am using 12.0(32)s4 in a 7200 VXR NPE400, but the command backup peer x.x.x.x is not available. Am i using the rigth IOS?

Mario

There is some discrepancy in the documentation.

I would like you to open a TAC case and point this discrepancy to the TAC.

So that they give you the real roadmap of the feature, or atleast correct the documentation.

You can point this document to them, here they clearly mention 7200 supports L2VPN Pseudowire Redundancy with NSF/SSO.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122relnt/122sb.htm

NSF/SSO: L2VPN Pseudowire Redundancy Support

Platforms: Cisco 7200 series, Cisco 7301

For detailed information about this feature, see the following Cisco document:

I am afraid that I am not in a position to give more information than this, but can tell you that its implemented in software and shouldn have a hardware dependency.

HTH-Cheers,

Swaroop

thanks a lot for your help Swaroop i will open the case.

Regards

Mario

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: