Views
Helpful
Replies

mpls bgp forward

atis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to know if "mpls bgp forward" is supported on ISR G2 platform, especially on Dialer interface. It was working in GNS3 with C7200, but in the real life it could be different.

The goal is set up an MPLS/VPN on several ADSL CPE (this would be an ISR G2 router), I'd like to avoid the usage of any IGP between BRAS and ADSL CPE, so the remaining option is BGP.

I didn't find any docu, if this is supported model...

Any hints are helpful.

BR, Attila

3 Replies 3

rsimoni
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Attila,

whether that command is present depends on the IOS you are running not on the platform/interface.

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/mpls/command/reference/mp_m1.html#wp1044109

Riccardo

Hello,

thanks for you answer. Meantime I was able to configure this command on a Dialer interface in a lab, but I couldn't do more tests in lack of time. Henceforward I am curious, that it is working in the real life, and if it is supported by TAC in case of any problem...

BR, Attila

rsimoni
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Attila,

features included in IOS are supported by the TAC; no issue in that sense. If this worked in your lab I expect it to work in production environment too.

Riccardo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: