Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS+BGP Training

Steve Edwards
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Unsure if this has been asked before. Now that 642-691 BGP+MPLS is retired, is there and cisco equivalent without having to do the whole CCNP SP course? While I would love to do the whole CCNP-SP, it is not necessary and the knowledge would be lost. I work with a private rail network whos IP Backbone is now MPLS based and want to get up to speed as much as possible. I am already CCNA. I can easily work through all the ciscopress material but would like something that is a valid recognised certification if possible. (Justification for employer investment )

Thanks all

Steve

2 Replies 2

blau grana
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Steve,

I think there is no other way then do the whole CCNP SP because MPLS+BGP topics are spread through all four exams.

Also don't forget that CCNA SP is prerequisite for CCNP SP.

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/certifications/professional/ccnp_serviceprovider/index.html

Best Regards

Please rate all helpful posts and close solved questions

Best Regards Please rate all helpful posts and close solved questions

aashish936
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

My suggestion is rather then doing whole certification of CCNA-SP and CCNP-SP just take a knowledge and directly go for CCIE-SP. So you will full knowledge about service provider track and also you get better opportunity in your career.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App