Helpful
Replies

MPLS Network Solution

supunit21
Level 1
Level 1

Diagram.PNG

Hi,

I need to design a MPLS network as shown in the diagram. The requirement is below.VLAN 10 users in FRANCE only be able to access VLAN 10 servers in JAPAN and CHINA.

VLAN 20 users in GERMANY only be able to access VLAN 20 servers in JAPAN and CHINA.

How can reach this goal only using MPLS, MP-BGP, and VRF?

11 Replies 11

Bryan2015
Level 1
Level 1

MPLS is an ISP service, you can advertise the routes as normal between your branches and set ACLs to block traffic where need it. you don't see any of the VRF configuration the services provider use to isolate your routes from other customers.  All you need to do is set a neighbor relation with the ISP and then advertise the routes, the ISP will do the rest. the will want to use BGP because is what their are using internally, that way they don't have to redistribute between one routing protocol to another. 

Hi Brayan,

Actually I need to know the ISP side configuration which should be done on PE routers. How can I separate VLAN 10 and 20 traffic in JAPAN and CHINA sites when it comes to PE routers? 

To understand the VRF on the ISP PE router please reference to 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/12-2/15-02SG/configuration/guide/config/vrf.html

To block traffic before it gets to the PE router you need to use extended ACL outbound on the interface facing to the PE router. 

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can achieve in both, if this is simple network as look and mentioned., you can do with VRF.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji,
Could you please post the VRF and MP-BGP configurations for PE1 router and CE router in GERMANY?

If possible please post configurations (VRF and MP-BGP) for all routers.

I appreciate your help regarding this...

Actually I am confused with the PE router VRF and MP-BGP configurations. If possible please post the configuration here.

supunit21

MPLS configuration is an advance routing configuration and if don’t understand the routing basics it will make it very difficult to understand, MPLS is an ISP services, reference the link I previously sent you will find the answer your looking for. 

Hi,

I don't encourage to seek configuration without have a try first. Do you encountered any problem when you trying to implement the MPLS and MP-BGP? Please kindly share your problem and we could offer help to you.

If you don't know where to start to configure the routers. Here I could have you a flow:

1. Build IGP routing for loopback interface between PE1 to PE4
2. Build MPLS LDP between PE1 to PE4
3. Build IPv4/IPv6 & VPNv4/VPNv6 iBGP between PE1 to PE4
4. Configure corresponding VRF (e.g. JAPAN,FRANCE) on the edge interfaces of PE1 to PE4
5. Configure corresponding route target (RT) import/export based on VPN requirement
6. Build Dynamic Routing (e.g. eBGP) between PE and CE
7. Configure route filtering/ACL for the requirement (e.g. VLAN10 receive only VLAN10 route, but not VLAN20 route)

HTH

here is the good example to start with :

https://ccieblog.co.uk/mpls/inter-vrf-routing

Once you made process with configuraton any issue let us know the issue, so we can fine tune the config.

BB

Hi,
I created VRFs and MPBGP peering on all PE routers. And it is working fine.
But I get the routes for both VLAN 10 and 20 routes in the FRANCE and GERMANY routing tables.
How can I eliminate the unwanted subnets being received through my MP-BGP peers? Do I have to do the route filtering or is there any best practice to achieve this?

show us some of your configuration to suggest better,  if its VRF aware, you are not leaking to routes, both site should not see each other. 

we can only confirm once we see the configuration of the interface and routing table.

BB

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: