Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS over DMVPN spoke to spoke label allocation

yuchenglai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Does anyone know if spoke to spoke label allocation will take place in an MPLS over DMVPN environment (for LDP and TE) ?

Thanks,

David

3 Replies 3

daniel-nilsson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm working on MPLS LDP over DMVPN, i want the DMVPN routers to act as P routers.
The problem is that i cant get any traffic between two DMVPN spokes, i can see that next hop label is missing.
Have you got any answers?
Thanks
/Daniel

I do not think you can have DMVPN spokes switch labels to each other directly, because they usually dont have LDP peer with each other,

you can establish static nhrp mapping between spokes directly, but this will break the DMVPN dynamic GRE tunneling,

one of the solution to MPLS over DMVPN is to make the Hub as MP-BGP RR and next-hop-self to all spokes, MPLS will work, but the hub in this case will always be in the data plane,

Hi
To make a long story short. ospf network type Point-to-multipoint does the trickin this Environment.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: