cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF TE topology, CBSPF look up

sarahr202
Level 5
Level 5
Hi everybody , Please consider the following scenario: We are using OSPF with TE enabled R1 ( the ingress LSR) needs to compute the LSP to reach 10.10.10.1 with the following constraint: BW along the path should not be less than 20 Mig. 1)Will R1 only looks for the path that has least TE metric? 2) Will R1 first look for the all the paths which meet the constraint ( 20 Mig along the path) and then picks the one with the least TE metric? I appreciate your help
1 Reply 1

sarahr202
Level 5
Level 5

Hi everybody

I found the answer,thanks to a good link on mpls by Jeff Doyle:

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/26670

Just putting it here just in case if someone has a similar question

Constraints:

It can be bandwidh( most common), affinity ( aka coloring of the link) etc

If none constraints specified, ingress LSR  checks the TE topology and computes the shortest path based on TE cost If constraint such as bandwidth is specified, ingress first finds all the possible path to reach a particular destination, and then picks the one with the lowest TE metric.

In my example, R1 first finds all the possible paths meeting the constraint imposed ( 20 mig) and then selects the one with the least TE cost.

Thanks

Have a great day

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: