cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Point to Mulipoint L2VPN trunks over MPLS

nilesh_sawant
Level 1
Level 1

Can we have trunk between more than 2 CE over MPLS in short we are looking for the point to multipoint MPLS L2 VPN where more than 2 CE will share the common ethernet segment over MPLS  to share the vlan database

Let me give more info @ solution which we are trying find out
CE1,CE2,CE3 & CE4 are the core switches at respective location, we are looking for the same vlan database between these core switches over the MPLS
CE1 will be connected to PE1
CE2 will be connected to PE2
CE3 will be connected to PE3
CE4 will be connected to PE4

so can we have the L2 vpn between CE1,CE2,CE3 & CE4 where the interface connected to respective PE's will be TRUNK ?

5 Replies 5

leon.mflai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I think VPLS should help you. But I am not MPLS expert and I can't confirm. You can study this doc.

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/tech/tk891/c1482/ccmigration_09186a00801ed3ea.pdf

Thanks

Leon Lai

hi

thanks for the pdf, I had tried the VPLS earlier. the circuit are coming up but I am not able to ping between CE's Vlan ip address although VC are up

PE end config

interface GigabitEthernet1/35
description L2 Connectivity to KBL039SW1 (TEMP)
switchport
switchport access vlan 100
switchport mode dot1q-tunnel
l2protocol-tunnel cdp

CE-1 end config

interface FastEthernet1/0/48
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
switchport mode trunk
end

int vlan 100

ip address 10.10.10.1 255.255.255.0

other end vlan 100 ip address is 10.10.10.2 but not able to ping this ip address from CE-1

any guess what cpuld be the problem?

Can you share the topology diagram ? are you on the CE side or PE side ??

Did change System MTU > 1500? QinQ requires MTU > 1500. You must reboot switch after adjusted MTU size.

You could xconnect a specific vlan at each site and bring that xconnection back to your hub on seperate sub interfaces.

It would give you a hub and spoke design.  Little cheaper if you do not have VPLS compatible hardware.

Would be similair to Frame Relay PVCs/DLCIs.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: