Views
Helpful
Replies

Provider MPLS SOP during Oversubscription

TreckGriffin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to know what is most MPLS providers' SOP for their COS especially for Premium i.e. Voice. If you subscribed 10M Premium and exceed that amount, what happens? Assuming the the entire pipe purchased is 100Mb for argument sake and the link is not congested, only the premium class is.

Do they do an implicit police or do they still allow the traffic through but they're marked down?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Virendra Pratap
Level 1
Level 1

LLQ-if there is no congestion then there is not queuing. 

Jason M.
Level 1
Level 1

if I understand you correctly, you're talking about a 100M circuit where 10M out of it is considered "Premium" traffic based on how you mark it outbound to the provider?

Most likely be have an exceed action that marks the traffic with a lower priority. If you're purchasing 100M total from the provider than they have no reason to police the traffic above at 10M. You would have to ask the provider to verify though because you never know what's going on in someone else head when they configure a service.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: