Replies

Pseudowire over MPLS-TE Tunnels

g.rodegari
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I'm tring to test interoperability between Cisco an Juniper Boxes about

pseudowire services.

Let assume that I've an MPLS backbone, where the label distribution protocol used is RSVP, then MPLS-TE tunnels, I do not want to enable LDP on my backbone.

Well, as far as I know, pseudowires requires LDP as control protocol... then:

from Juniper side I've enable a feature that they calling "LDP-Tunneling" in order to connect different LDP "islands" through my RSVP Backbone.

Is there a similar feature into IOS? what I've tested is to configure targeted LDP and MPLS-TE tunnels, but seems to do not work fine.

What is happening is that Juniper and Cisco established correctly the LDP targeted session, but discarding the FEC into the advertisement...

Any ideas? Have anyone already tested it before???

Any suggestions is more than appreciated,

Best Regards,

G.

21 Replies 21

Graziano,

Can you explain this last statement. Do you mean that you were using the same configuration before between two Juniper boxes and it worked fine without configuring shortcut?

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Yes Harold,

correct.

Bye G.

Graziano,

As far as I am aware of, the shortcut would be required for any prefixes downstream from the LSP tail end, whether the tail end is a Juniper box or not. It would help if you could provide more details on this scenario so we try to understand why it was working even without the shortcuts configuration.

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Hello Harold,

the shortcut is required if you want that every prefix known by the IGP have been installed in the inet.3, but this should not be a must.

If everything is known by the peer loopback address (through recursive lookup), the default behaviour and policy should work fine...

thank you,

and best Regards

G.

Graziano,

Agreed. I was referring to IGP prefixes behind the LSP tail end.

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Hi, Harold,

Not sure how BGP is coming into picture here, Graziano has already mentioned that TE LSPs are not end to end between PEs, he wanted to connected LDP islands via RSVP core.

Jian,

I realized that and posted another message to say to ignore what I had said.

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: