Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unidirectional VCCV

Dear all,

I have the following simple scenario:

PE1 [7609S (IOS 15.2(4)S1)] – P [7609S (IOS 15.2(4)S1)] – PE2 [ME3600X (IOS 15.3(1)S)]

I configured an RSVP-TE LSP between PE1 and PE2 and a pseudowire on top of it. The pseudowire comes up and traffic between both ACs seems to properly work, even though I have some pending tests to run, yet. The strange thing is that when I run VCCV with “ping mpls pseudowire” (it happens both with ipv4 and router-alert options), ping works from PE1 to PE2, but always fails from PE2 to PE1. May you suggest a reason for this behavior or what you would try to do? I already tried to unconfigure and reconfigure and to change the servicice to a point to point VPLS, but nothing changed.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Octavio

2 Replies 2

Adam Vitkovsky
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Octavio,

Just shooting in the dark, is the te-tunnel configured from PE2 to PE1 as well please?

Are you using “preferred-path interface” in the pw-class to direct the PW over the te-tunnel on both ends please?

adam

adam

Thank you very much, Adam, and sorry for my late response.

Finally we found that it was a bug: CSCth41901. It only affects VCCV. As soon as I mentioned the problem to my local Cisco contact he told me to take a look at it. I suppose it's not the first time that he found this problem.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Octavio