cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgraded Cisco 7609s SRE3 to SRE6 , NMS is Pulling details of non existent links on the card

TTboy1988
Level 1
Level 1

Hope you can help, I am having an issue where polling program which is pulling details for links that dont physically exist on a card. We upgraded from SRE3 to SRE6, prior to the upgrade these cards were present and sometime after the upgrade they were removed. However they are still being seen in program that is pulling the config. (NMS) 

Cisco IOS Software, c7600s72033_rp Software (c7600s72033_rp-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.2(33)SRE6, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

No Card in Slot 9 Interfaces Configured not up.

Is there a known bug with the SRE6? or what further checks am i able to perform on this device. 

CCNA R&S
3 Replies 3

Vinit Jain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Could you please share the below logs in a file:

- show module

- show version

- show startup-config

- show run

Are the counters increasing for the interfaces that are not present. Is it possibly to restart the polling server and see if that resolves the problem.

Thanks

Vinit

Thanks
--Vinit

Hi Guys, Thanks for your help, A colleague of mine has saved the day. 

We needed to use the module clear-config”  command to clear the interface config on the 7600 platform. This had to be applied prior to the removal.  Or we have to reload the chassis, unless you would like to put the line cards back into remove to apply the above command 

CCNA R&S

Amit Goyal
Level 1
Level 1

You could try applying Mini protocol Analyzer (Or any other wire-shark capture mechanism like ERSPAN) on the interface going towards the SNMP server and check if those status are being generated from the router or issue with SNMP server.

If it is being generated from the router, it must be reported through a TAC case for proper investigation.

HTH

-Amit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: