Views
Helpful
Replies

VPLS Not Working on Cisco IOS XR CRS 5.3

bzsupergirl1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I am simulating VPLS (Multipoint l2vpn) on Cisco IOS XR CRS devices on GNS3. I have setup a PW between LER1_xr1 and LER2_xr2 by defining a bridge-domain and a vfi. The PW is up but I can't ping from Ubuntu1 to Ubuntu2. 

Thanks so much!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vinit Jain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Are you simulating the VPLS on the real hardware or on GNS (XRv) devices.

If you are simulating on GNS3, it will not work as VPLS is a Platform Dependent feature and requires the hardware to be programmed. 

Please clarify,

Regards

Vinit

PS: Please rate useful posts.

Thanks
--Vinit

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Vinit Jain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Are you simulating the VPLS on the real hardware or on GNS (XRv) devices.

If you are simulating on GNS3, it will not work as VPLS is a Platform Dependent feature and requires the hardware to be programmed. 

Please clarify,

Regards

Vinit

PS: Please rate useful posts.

Thanks
--Vinit

Thanks so much!

Hi Vinit,

I still want to simulate VPLS on ASR 9000. I am wondering if there's a way to rent a rack with hardware features to learn the full behavior of VPLS. Thanks!

Best,

Bingzhe

I think there are lot of online rack rental providers that can be found on google. for simulating VPLS, you can use GSR as well. It will be hard to find ASR9000 available with any rack rental providers.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Vinit

Thanks
--Vinit
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: