Views
Helpful
Replies

VPLS on 7600 HW Requirement

cannone78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm planning my new BB MPLS with 3 7600 like PE. On the edge side I've interface module 7600-ES20-GE3C and on the core side WS-X6704-10GE: does it work?

CE--edge-1G---7600---10G--core-MPLS/VPLS

My doubt is about the core side...I don't understand if I need ES module on core side too or if VPLS can works with WS-X6704 module too.

I konw that there are different restriction on WS-X6704 module aobut vpls architecture but I don't understand if they are for edge side or for core too.

Many thanks for your support

Regards

6 Replies 6

Hi

you will need ES20/ES40 core facing to enable VPLS.

Jon

Thanks Jon for your support.

Have you some technical document about this?

Regards

Hi

find comparison in ppt.

(whole ppt is about 10M - to big to post)

I can send by mail if requested.

Jon

danail-petrov
Level 1
Level 1

I suppose that there is an alternate option - Cisco SPA with SIP-600. I am not quite sure about that but check it for yourself.

BR

PerseusDK
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

On the edge side of the network, you can use almost any card, but on the core side, you need a card that is able to do more advanced services. Such cards includes ES-series and SIP-series.

For 10G on the core side of your network, you can use these cards:

- ES20 2-port 10G card

- ES40 4-port 10G card

- SIP400 with 1-port 10G version 2

- SIP600 with 1-port 10G

In terms of performance, you probably will be better suited with the ES-cards, but they are rather expensive in terms of feature licenses.

Hope this helps a bit...

Regards,

Lars Christensen

CCIE #20292

Totally agree,

ES or SIP card must be facing MPLS core on PE which realize VPLS stuff (the VPLS label is done on these card).

towards CE any card is OK.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: