Views
Helpful
Replies

Data Center connections - Relocation

multiplexer002
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have to prepare a document with the connections that we are using in the Data Center I am working to due to a relocation scheme.

We have 7k - 5k - 2232 - 2224 - MDS 9506 and DS 9250i for equipment.

We use 2224 as management switches and 2232 to connect ESXi servers via vPC.

Also the FC traffic is held to the MDS switches through fiber channel and I need to adhere the connections to.

I want to document all the related connections from the networking gear in order to be the same at the time of the relocation.

Are there any commands that will give me full descriptions of these connections?

Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

John

4 Replies 4

Deepak Sukhiya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi John,

You can refer the following URL for getting the details of the ports that needs to be opened.

http://docs.cliqr.com/display/CCD42/Networking+Requirements

Please be noted that CloudCenter component need the communication over the required ports to ensure its working.

Please let us know in case of any further questions.

Regards,
Deepak

Maybe it wasn't clear what I am looking for.

I need to get the information of the physical ports with which neighbor port is connected.

I am using the "sh cdp neighbor" but I am not getting all the info for the ESXi servers that are connected to the FEX 2232 (ESXi have two cards with four ports). Two ports are used for LAN traffic, via vPC, and the other two for FC traffic (storage).

Also I need the same information for the MDS 9506 and 9250i . 

Regards

John

Hi John,

Can you please re-confirm if you are looking for information specific to Cisco CloudCenter or any other product line?

Regards,
Deepak

Hi Deepak,

I think I am in the wrong support forum. You are right.

Thanks anyway.

Regards 

John