cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Help with CloudCenter v4.8

tristan_todd
Level 1
Level 1

I've deployed a non-HA buildout of CloudCenter v4.8 using vSphere appliances. Everything is deployed.

Problem: During initial VMware private cloud config, I am unable to connect to Orchestrator. When I try to add CCO, I get "Error while communicating with Orchestrator" error.

Anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks in advance!

10 Replies 10

tristan_todd
Level 1
Level 1

In my OSMOSIX.log from the CCM server, I'm seeing the following error:

"org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostHostConnectException: Connect to 10.145.1.43:8443 [/10.145.1.43] failed: Connection refused (Connection refused)"

So, 10.145.1.43 is the IP of my CCO appliance. Does the format of the message indicate problem with the way I configured AMQP or CCO?

Thanks so much!

HI Tristan,

I would be more interested to review the CCO osmosix log. I suspect you might see some exception in the CCO logs which says that CCO is not connected to AMQP.

If you see the error/exception related to AMQP in CCO logs, I would say to please restart the rabbitmq service on AMQP and then tomcat service on CCO, following with tomcat service restart on CCM machine which should help in fixing the issue.

Please let me know if that helps.

Best Regards,
Deepak Sukhiya

Thanks Deepak! I've pulled the osmosix log and am going through it now. 

Just curious - is there a particular boot order for the non-HA environment? Does it matter in what order I boot, CCM, CCO, MON, and AMQP appliances?

I'll let you know how I get on...

Hi Tristan,

Following is the startup and shutdown sequence of the CloudCenter stack:

Startup:

1. AMQP

2. CCO

3 MON

4. CCM

Shutdown:

1. CCM

2. MON

3. CCO

4. AMQP

The above sequence is applicable for both HA and Non-HA environment.

Please let me know in case of any further questions.

Best Regards,
Deepak Sukhiya

Hi Deepak, if in HA and version 4.8,

this would be the order?

Startup:

• AMQP

1. AMQP_LB
    2. AMQP1
    3. AMQP2
  • CCO

1. CCO_LB
    2. CCO1
    3. CCO2
    4. CCO3
  • MON

• CCM_DB

1. CCM_DB1
    2. CCM_DB2
  • CCM

1. CMO_LB
    2. CCM1
    3. CCM2

Shutdown:

• CCM

1. CCM1
    2. CCM2
    3. CMO_LB
  • CCM_DB

1. CCM_DB1
    2. CCM_DB2
  • MON

• CCO

1. CCO1
    2. CCO2
    3. CCO3
    4. CCO_LB
  • AMQP

1. AMQP1
    2. AMQP2
    3. AMQP_LB

Also, where would the repo server fit into this?

thanks

Hi Sebastian,

This is correct!

Thanks,
Deepak

where would the repo server fit into this?

> It is not necessary to shut down the repo server as it is a http / https however if you need to shut down the repo server you can shut down after the CCM and CCM_DB is shut down.

Thanks

Vihar K

HI Tristan.
I'm getting the same error "Error while communicating with Orchestrator". Can you give any solution to it? It will be helpful.

Thanks,
Sheriff

Did you get a resolution to this? I have same problem. Version 4.8.2. No-HA. CCO, AMQP, CCM all configured correctly. CCO is accessible. Ran all network tests. all passed.

Hi mwerne01,

Just check whether AMQP can list CCO IP. Enter rabbitmqctl list-connections command on AMQP. It will list CCO IP address. If not reboot again and see.

Regards,

Sheriff