Views
Helpful
Replies

Nexus 3k VPC unsupported Multicast topology

MakhdomiB
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have configured VPC in my nexus 3k and the downstream device that is connected to this VPC is checkpoint. I have HA cluster configured in my checkpoint which is using VRRP for failover. VRRP does use multicast ip to send VRRP hello packet between HA pairs. Now when I am trying to prob on 3k switch port where my checkpoint HA interface is connected, I am unable to find any mac address being learned.

But the interfaces which are not part of VPC , they are learning the mac addresses from checkpoint 

I came across some cisco article which says VPC does not support multicast traffic for some topology .

link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5000/sw/mkt_ops_guides/513_n1_1/n5k_L3_w_vpc_5500platform.html#wp1009805

Since I am using the same topology for my network. can someone assist me how to overcome this issue.

1 Reply 1

Shaun Roberts
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi this is the CloudCenter forum. CloudCenter is software used to managed your application stacks and deploy them, nothing really to do with N3Ks. I think you need to find the appropriate forum with those that can assist or open a TAC case with the N3K folks. :)

--Shaun Roberts
Principal Engineer, CX
shaurobe@cisco.com