cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

10G Network Card

ostubbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can the ISE servers be installed with a 10G card?  If it can, is this supported?  I do know UCS can but I cannot find any documentation confirming or denying this.   Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ise is only supported to work with the hardware it comes with

Also it's not an inline appliance that have more bandwidth intensive requirements

What is the reason you're looking for this?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ise is only supported to work with the hardware it comes with

Also it's not an inline appliance that have more bandwidth intensive requirements

What is the reason you're looking for this?

Jason,

I'm still waiting on the WHY the question was asked. I'm working on a TSN case and I had this request and my first question to the requestor was Why? Still no answer.

Ok sounds good

Hi Jason,

I finally got a response from the requestor. They had a customer that has a 10G network and are comparing ISE with other solutions that support 10G.

The ask was for document showing connection support of only what the box is shipped with.

I asked in return for a list of competitive being compared to ISE and what security measures the customer needed and possible will want in the future.

Being a 10G network in my opinion still allows some config changes to be made on ports that need to connect directly to the ISE server.

Being in a 10 gig network still should support servers that only need 1 gig. There is no need for ISE to support 10gig. If you have request for feature please contact the ISE product management team.

Datasheet is here: Cisco Secure Network Server Data Sheet - Cisco

Not sure what else we can help with that.

I agree fully with you on that. This is inline with my response to him.

Jason, thanks for the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: