cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2008 stand-alone server acs software available?

j.boswell
Level 1
Level 1

I am using acs 4.2 on a windows 2003 server sp2 in my current network. The network is being replaced and I am being given a windows 2008 software/server and to build the app. I am  a little confused as too the available software. The only 5.4 acs software I see is for the appliance and vmware. What software is there available for standalone servers that in not end-of-life ?  Or do I use acs 4.2 on the standalone server and upgrade it all the way to 5.4. I would think they would have a base package at one of the 5.x levels..Any information would be appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

minkumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I would like to inform you about the following things:

1. ACS 5.x cannot be installed on the widnows server as ACS 4.x

2. ACS 5.x can only be installed on the vmware (Linux based) or comes as an applaince.

3. ACS 4.x is a windows based box and ACS 5.x is a linux based appliance/VMware

4. You can configure vmware or an appliance as a stand alone ACS5.x box.

5.ACS 4.2.1.15 is available till now and is not end of life yet.

6. You can upgrade the ACS 4.2.0.124 to 4.2.1.15, However its not compatible with windows 2008 r2 box.

7.You cannot upgrade the ACS 4.2 to ACS 5.4, You will have to purchase a seprate license for ACS 5.4 and then you can migrate the database from 4.2 to 5.4

Regards

Minakshi (Do rate helpful posts)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

minkumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I would like to inform you about the following things:

1. ACS 5.x cannot be installed on the widnows server as ACS 4.x

2. ACS 5.x can only be installed on the vmware (Linux based) or comes as an applaince.

3. ACS 4.x is a windows based box and ACS 5.x is a linux based appliance/VMware

4. You can configure vmware or an appliance as a stand alone ACS5.x box.

5.ACS 4.2.1.15 is available till now and is not end of life yet.

6. You can upgrade the ACS 4.2.0.124 to 4.2.1.15, However its not compatible with windows 2008 r2 box.

7.You cannot upgrade the ACS 4.2 to ACS 5.4, You will have to purchase a seprate license for ACS 5.4 and then you can migrate the database from 4.2 to 5.4

Regards

Minakshi (Do rate helpful posts)

j.boswell
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the information. That is exactly what I as looking for