802.1x login and domain controller login

l.sujera
Level 1
Level 1

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lalit,

Sure, thanks !

If you have XP with sp1, then authentication request was sent to ACS 3.1 in every 30 seconds and client was never getting autheticated. Its only specific to service pack 1 on xp. The problem is with ACS 3.1. This would be intergrated on 3.2. Everything else is fine.

Regarding getting the Beta Code, only your account team would be able to help out. You can get the trial version when its available on CCO.

Thanks,

Mynul

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

mhoda
Level 5
Level 5

Do you have any specific question? 802.1x authentication is port authentication and domain controller login is to what resources are allowed in the domain for the users. If you have any specific question, please post here to be addressed, but they are 2 different authentication. Thanks,

Mynul

thanks for info , yes there are two login in 802.1x for vlan assignment and domain login , but question is that

before port get authorised for network access can i have my PDC or domain login on computer , after that 802.1x client get actived so that switch can assign for a proper vlan

can we have a call on the matter its

my nos are =91-9892249947

thanks and regrds

lalit sujera

Yes, you should be able to login but that will not go to your PDC rather authenticate you against the windows cache. So, after the authentication and authorization you will assigned to a proper vlan. Thanks,

Mynul

thanks for infor

suppose if i dont have any profile loaded earlier on windows xp than also can i login intp PDC without PORT is not open

i am able to do all things apart form above

regrds

lalit

Lalit,

To the best of my knowledge, you will have to have the profile loaded at least once. I know of no other way to sync the windows login pass to the port authentication and then allow you to login for the first time on XP. To me this is an enhancement request on XP. You might want to consult with Micrsoft support for their opinion on this. Thanks,

Mynul

Mynul

Thanks for info, i was also thinking on same ground that you should have aleast once profile loaded on your machine

will update you on further infor

can yu let me know are problem fom EAP-MD5 chap will be solved in ACS 3.2 , when its lauching , can i get beta version

regrds

lalit

Lalit,

Sure, thanks !

If you have XP with sp1, then authentication request was sent to ACS 3.1 in every 30 seconds and client was never getting autheticated. Its only specific to service pack 1 on xp. The problem is with ACS 3.1. This would be intergrated on 3.2. Everything else is fine.

Regarding getting the Beta Code, only your account team would be able to help out. You can get the trial version when its available on CCO.

Thanks,

Mynul

Dear mynul

Here are some query regarding IBNS implementation using 802.1x features

1) Can i run My 802.1x client in windows 2000 /Xp before i getting windows login window

2) when i login into my cache windows profile since my port is not open my login script wont work , any other way to get this thing done

3) will i get all my domain security policy once i am logged in withn cache profile

4) after getting autheciation by 802.1x client will i get IP address form my DHCP server

waiting for your response

lalit

Hi Lalit,

I will address your questions with the best of my ability as I haven't personally triesd this out.

1) AFAIK, this is not possible. Its the Microsoft 2000/XP client so I guess consulting with Microsoft may guide to the right direction. I think it can be an enhancement request to Microsoft but, please consult with their support first.

2) No, again, if Microsoft XP/2000 has capability to integrate the 802.1x client authentication with the machine login transparently, then only its possible. Again, consulting with Microsoft will guide to the right direction.

3) Yes, you should

4) Yes

Thanks,

Mynul

Hi mynul

thanks for info , if yu dont mind can yu share you experience with regarding installation on this

we trying to speak to microsoft regarding same issue which i have discussed with

i will updated you on same that how can we take this forward or what is play qround for this

regrds

lalit

Lalit,

Installation (no extra sofware is required, all you need is xp, I haven't tried with win 2k with special download) is quite simple, and easy to do. You will not have much issues with authentication. There is an issue with sp1 on xp for which I have provided the bug id earier. Please, feel free to post here is you have any specific question. Thanks,

Mynul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: