Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 1113 SE Upgrade from 4.0.1.44 to 4.1.1.24 failing

Jim Bell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

I am looking for some assistance, we have a Cisco ACS 1113 SE running v4.0.1.44 and are trying to upgrade it to v.4.2.0.124 following the instructions to upgrade it to v4.1.1.24 first.

We are using the following CD

"ACS SE Overall Upgrade CD ACS 3.3.4 and 4,1,1,24 Upgrades"

We can download the 4.1.1.24 image to the ACS appliance via distribution server but the upgrade fails- we obtained the following console output when attempted upgrade was tried;

Upgrade package was not verified

Applying this upgrade package may corrupt the appliance

Continue at your own risk!

Continue? ---y(yes), n(no)   y

Installing Cisco Secure ACS Version: 4.1.1.24

Upgrading...Upgrade process initiated successfully

Try to install ACS version 4.1 on Appliance Software version 4.0.1.44

Unable to install Acs version 4.1 with Appliance Software version 4.0.1.44

The Acs version 4.1 required Appliance Software version 4.0.1.44

Install the correct Appliance Software version first

Failed to upgrade Cisco Secure ACS to 4.1.1.24

Our ACS Appliance is currently running the following;

Cisco Secure ACS                                             4.0.1.44

ACS-4.0.144-EnablePassword-CSCsh32888 Fix   (patch:4.0.1.44 Thu 11/22/2007 19:51:37.95)

Appliance Management Software                         4.0.1.44

Appliance Base Image                                        4.0.1.2

CSA build 4.0.1.543.2                                         (Patch: 4_0_1_543)

Would welcome any suggestions.

Regards

Jim.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Jim

The upgrade package consists of 2 - files i.e. Management software and ACS software. You have to first upgrade management and then proceed with ACS appliance software.

The instructions are in attached file.Let me know how it works.

thanks

Devashree

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hello Jim

The upgrade package consists of 2 - files i.e. Management software and ACS software. You have to first upgrade management and then proceed with ACS appliance software.

The instructions are in attached file.Let me know how it works.

thanks

Devashree

Thanks Devashree,

will try this tomorrow and will post results.

Thanks

Jim.

Hi Devashree,

Your instructions worked fine up until applying the appliance software upgrade -

GUI hung and on accessing ACS via console it had the message "Upgrade in Progress" even after 2 hours, new GUI access indicated version was now v4.1 but no longer accepted admin logon or serviced router tacacs logons etc (appears to have lost config). Have now re-imaged it back to 4.0.1.44 to get a back up of our config from our other ACS unit.

Will post update later..

Update on failing upgrade - have now logged a  call with our maintainer.

We re-imaged back to 4..0.1.44 and replicated our data onto the ACS and then tried following the upgrade to 4.1.1.24 as before this time it fails after the upgrade to the management software and CPU maxed out at 100% and services failing to start (console output attached).

Issue now resolved with the assistance of our maintainer and Cisco TAC.

The ACS Appliance just would not upgrade from 4.0.1.44 to 4.1.1.24 successfully.

We ended up reimaging the appliance to 4.2.0.124 and Cisco TAC took our 4.0.1.44 backup and by upgrading their Lab appliance were able to provide us with the backup in version 4.2.0.124 format which we were then able to restore to our appliance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: