cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 4.2 Appliance integrate Multi Domain (CA server in domain child)

Hello,

I have a question. What is the requirement of integrate ACS 4.2 Appliance and AD about CA server? it has to be windows 2003 server enterprice o windows 2008 enterprice? or it can be windows 2003 and 2008 stand alone? another question is about multi domain, i have domain father and children. the installation of CA Server is in domain father to enable 802.1x with AD with all domain children integrate? or I can be install the CA server in the server of domain children and is it work (CA server installed in server in domain child and it working all domains child and father)?

Regards,

Alvaro

1 Reply 1

Nicolas Darchis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think that you are mixing a lot of different concepts.

ACS 4.2 can integrate with 2003 or 2008 for AD authentication of users.

If you talk about CA verification (like with EAP-TLS), then the domains don't matter at all.

If your father domain is the "father" CA as well that issued the child domain CA, then all the certificates issued by the child domain will be trusted as well as long as ACS trusts the root.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: